Friday, May 8, 2009

Work Interferred Again

One of the biggest reasons I enjoy running my own business is that I control my time.......for the most part. Mondays and Fridays seem to be the worst, especially since this is only the second week that the employees have been back to work We really haven't gotten into a routine yet. Usually I run payroll on Thursday night but I was scrambling to finish it at noon today. Then we had site meets, subs and suppliers to see, and the regular stuff of bank, post office, grocery store, feed store, etc. Not only did I run out of time, I ran out of energy.

Two of the ewes have mastitis so I'm doing injections twice a day along with an udder washing with betadine. The lambs are looking okay and are already eating grain so they should be fine. Tomorrow I need to get the ewes on the fitting stand and try milking them out. This will be fun. I'd much rather milk the goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment