Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally

I got a chance to ride last night. By the time we got home it was time for chores and I didn't get to post. My sweetie has the crud that's going around. I don't have it - yet (knock on wood) - but I'm not getting much sleep.

The horse did great last night. My daughter rode with me on The Mare. We rode for about 2 hours and covered between 4.5 and 5 miles. The trails are still soft so we stayed on the road for the most part. We did some exploring to see just how soft the trails still are but turned back when they sunk past their fetlocks. We can't get into the river bottoms yet, probably not until after Memorial Day.

Today I need to move fence panels and make a new pen for the goats. We plan on riding again tonight, just depends on how hard I have to twist my daughter's arm. Wonder what I can bribe her with today? She wants a new cell phone but oh my goodness she's 13 and she lost the last one. I did get a new phone (really gucci) for her but it was so cool that I kept it for myself and gave her my old one. The old was is the same exact phone as the one she lost. It's not "good enough" since she saw my new phone but she's 13!

Soon I think I will be confident enough to ride by myself. There's lots of people who ride in this area but it seems as though they all have their groups and aren't interested in riding with anyone else. Horse people are a very strange lot.......

No comments:

Post a Comment