Sunday, May 17, 2009

He remembered!

My husband is time challenged. We've been together for 10 years, married for 5. Ever since I've known him he doesn't have a "timeline". You know, that line where all events revolve around a significant time in your life? Like the birth of a child, the purchase of a horse or a house, a death, some defining moment. I have several and can figure out when something insignificant happened because of it's relation to a significant event. He can't.

Birthdays, Christmas, holidays are not so important to me. I had lots of disappointments as a kid and I decided one day that if I didn't expect something then anything would be better than nothing. I do try to be better for my daughter and last year we even had a small Christmas tree.

Friday was my birthday. Last year my husband completely forgot about it. Not a big deal. I bought my cake and he gives me so much throughout the year that I don't expect a present. (Like the emerald ring he brought me from a trip back East and the monster emerald earrings this year.) This year, however, he and my daughter both remembered! She set my cell phone alarm several times throughout the day with the message Happy Birthday. And my husband gave me his cold.

So I've been sick since Friday morning. So far it's not as bad as his cold but I've been hitting it hard with Zicam and Airborne and lots of fluids. I've been able to do chores but I feel tired all day. Yesterday I sat on the couch and watched the Preakness (go Rachel!), the last ten laps of the NASCAR All Star race (poor Jeff but Yay Tony!) and finished reading Mortal Fear by Greg Iles (great book). Today I feel a little better. I need to move 50 bales of hay and pick up more grain at the feed store. There's just no energy left for riding.

But here's another picture. Maybe I'll just post pictures on the days I don't ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment