Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lambs at the Fair

I had the deck stacked in my favor in the market lamb class yesterday. Of the six lambs entered, four were of my breeding. I had Grand Champion, Reserve Champion and 5th and 6th place. Not too bad for my first lamb crop! I had two more 4-H kids ask to be on my list for next year.

Showmanship was today. While I did not agree with all of the judge's placings, it was a good year for our 4-H showmanship classes.

I have no pictures since I was the ring steward for all the classes. I'm hoping that some of the other parents took pictures and I can get copies. I love being ring steward and working with the judge. I learn so much and can share it with the kids.

The auction is Saturday. I think I'm gonna take Friday off from doing anything at the fair except to feed tomorrow evening. It's Friday and what employees I still have need to be paid.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...two thumbs up!! You've got to be just about exhausted by now!

    ReplyDelete