Monday, December 6, 2010

Something to Share.....

Winter in Alaska can be dark, depressing and dreary. I have made it a point each winter to get outside and DO something. But when it gets dark (at 4:30 pm) I want to get into my jammies, stoke up the fire, watch tv and munch on whatever goodies I can find. I was determined last winter not to gain the 5 pounds I usually did.

I didn't gain 5....I gained 10!!

My Wranglers were just a little too snug. I had a difficult time getting on my horse, especially on the off side. I rode almost every day this summer, bucked hay, worked with the sheep, and general farm stuff. It didn't make any difference.

I lucked on to http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/ from several different blogs I follow. What a great source of information and inspiration. Because of my particular lifestyle I was able to incorporate some of the tenents of primal eating. I already did many of the "exercises" as work around the farm.

Long story short - I've dropped 20 pounds. My Wranglers are loose. We rode Sunday and I could step up (both sides!) on my horse easily. And I feel good too!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting... I'm reading that website. I'm impressed by your 20lbs loss!! I need to do that!!! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's amazing the difference a few extra pounds can make, but 20lbs has to feel awesome.

    ReplyDelete